Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Error in Adding All Tables

Yes, i'm working with VS 2008 with QT framework working on a application with i don't know couple hundred thousand lines of code.

Been using VS sense 1997  how about you???

One of your big problems is your using the Automatic Class builder.  Its sucks and is what is causing your problem as it creates code that don't work.

Case in point the SQL code is wrong.

In this case the Select statement being created is trying to join two tables together that have the same column name

Select * from mytable, othertable where ctid = ctid
this command will create the error you have

now to avoid the error it should look like this
Select * from mytable, othertable where mytable.ctid = othertable.ctid

Now Postgresql knows what you want it to do.  Before the Postgresql has two columns with the same name and does not understand how to join the two tables

Find the the code where the Select statement is change the Joining argument

salman Sheikh wrote:

Hi Justin

thanks for helping me,

But can i ask u ,have u ever worked with Visual C++ 2005.It does every thing automatically,u just click on the button it will generats all classes, for example View class, document class Set class and so on,Set class is actually connection class,which connect application with database, and shows all columns of the table which we added in this application,thatwhy i dont need to write any sql code for adding all table,how long i know,if i am wrong pls correct me.

thanks once more Jusitn

sheikh