Search Postgresql Archives

Re: postgresql and Mac OS X

Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz wrote:
I use postgresql on MBP, current head, for testing and development. Just from sources, it won't bite :)

you just have to add user postgres to your system, place $PGDATA wherever you feel you should, and you're done.

Yes. I actually started using Nix from Slackware. Which means, by definition, installation from scratch is "trivial". I can see the value in doing an installation on your own because you do have absolute control over the version/options of the packages.

I guess my reluctance against compiling is that I have little interest in tuning development box and going through the nuances of configuration. And as such -- plug & chug seems easy.

I think I found my answer though -- DIY. It's the control and knowing I have all the binaries and source code I need to. now, wish me luck! I might be back on the list really soon...

:)

- Tom