Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Annoying Reply-To

Greg Smith wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Oct 2008, Bill Moran wrote:
>
> > You can resent it or not, but this _is_ a personal thing.  It's personal
> > because you are the only one complaining about it.  Despite the large
> > number of people on this list, I don't see anyone jumping in to defend
> > you.
>
> Mikkel is right, every other well-organized mailing list I've ever been on
> handles things the sensible way he suggests, but everybody on his side
> who's been on lists here for a while already knows this issue is a dead
> horse.  Since I use the most advanced e-mail client on the market I just
> work around that the settings here are weird, it does annoy me a bit
> anytime I stop to think about it though.

I think this is the crux of the problem --- if I subscribed to multiple
email lists, and some have "rely" going to the list and some have
"reply" going to the author, I would have to think about the right reply
option every time I send email.

Fortunately, every email list I subscribe to and manage behaves like the
Postgres lists.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@xxxxxxxxxx>        http://momjian.us