Search Postgresql Archives

Re: How to get schema name which violates fk constraint

The type of fix I'd like to see would be to not change message texts at
all, but to add separate error-message fields for the name and schema
name of object(s) involved in an error; which would be details that
psql, for example, would show only in VERBOSE mode.  Note that error
report fields along this line are actually required by the SQL spec
(cf GET DIAGNOSTICS) but we've never got round to implementing 'em.

How about adding also a way to get primary key value(s) of the row which causes error ?

Andrus.