Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Drupal and PostgreSQL - performance issues?

On 17/10/2008, at 11.37, Tomasz Ostrowski wrote:

On 2008-10-16 23:17, Mikkel Høgh wrote:

P.S.: Why are e-mails from this list not sent with a Reply-To: header
of the lists e-mail-address?

Because it is dangerous - too easy to send to the list, when you really mean to send to one. Most e-mail programs have two buttons for replying:
ordinary "Reply" and "Reply to all". You're supposed to use "Reply to
all" if you want to reply to the list.

Well, I think the most common use case for a mailing list is to reply back to the list, isn't that the whole point?

Personally I find it annoying that I get two copies of each reply to one of my posts, one that is filtered into the mailinglist folder because it has the correct X-Mailing-List header and the other just sits there in my inbox, wasting both bandwidth and disk space in the process.

Besides, the if the Reply-To thing is so dangerous, why do most other mailing lists do it?