Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Drupal and PostgreSQL - performance issues?

	Mikkel Høgh wrote:

In any case, if anyone has any tips, input, etc. on how best to configure PostgreSQL for Drupal, or can find a way to poke holes in
my
analysis, I would love to hear your insights :)

I'm a recent Drupal user with postgres.
What I've noticed on drupal-6.4 with Ubuntu 8.04 is that the default postgresql.conf has:
ssl=true
and since drupal doesn't allow connecting to pgsql with unix socket paths [1], what you get by default is probably TCP + SSL encryption. A crude test that just connects and disconnect to a local pg server appears to me to be 18 times faster when SSL is off. So you might want to check if setting ssl to false makes a difference for your test.

[1] A patch has been posted here: http://drupal.org/node/26836 , but it seems to have gotten nowhere. The comments about pg_connect() are depressingly lame, apparently nobody had a clue how unix socket files should be specified, including the contributor of the patch!

Best regards,
--
Daniel
PostgreSQL-powered mail user agent and storage: http://www.manitou-mail.org