Search Postgresql Archives

Re: WARNING: 25P01: there is no transaction in progress

> Hi Chaps,
>
> I'm getting the aforementioned warning in my logs from a closed source piece of software.  The software helps us convert over some old proprietary data files, and it's basically just done a COPY into a newly created table, after the warning it then goes on to create some indexes.
>
> I presume it's issuing some sort of commit or rollback without a begin, however the programs authors are telling me that's not the case and their software is not at fault.
>
> Does anyone know if something else could be causing it?
>
> I've posted a detailed log here:
>
> http://privatepaste.com/cb0iywATbd
>
> .. if someone would be so kind to have a quick look I'd appreciate it. I've posted everything, so it's about 1000 lines. The warnings are on lines 459 and 475.
>
> I've tried to follow the StartTransaction / Endtransaction lines and I don't think I can see an error there. Is there a possibility its something in PortalRunUtility ?

I don't recognize the format of that log output ... it looks a little too
low-level to be practical.

I recommend setting log_statement=all in postgresql.conf.  This will log
every statement that's executed to your PG log file, which should give you
an excellent view of what's actually happening.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.

wmoran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx