Search Postgresql Archives

SQL equivalent to \dT

Hi all,

if I want to get a list of types (ie., data types or enums), then I can use the '\dT' command from within the postgreSQL client.

However, I cannot seem to figure out what the SQL alternative is to the \dT command, so that I might get a list of types scriptable by SQL.

For example, if I create an ENUM myself:
CREATE TYPE bird AS ENUM('duck','goose');

a quick look through the various parts of the information schema did not reveal in which place this enum is stored. Is the information schema the correct place to look for this? Which SQL statement do I need to get a list of user-defined types?

thanks in advance,

Bram Kuijper