Search Postgresql Archives

Re: 100% CPU pg processes that don't die.

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 1:47 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> * Scott Marlowe (scott.marlowe@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>> I take that back.  This problem followed the RAID card from one
>> machine to another.
>
> That's certainly curious.  The kernel backtrace didn't seem to have
> anything terribly interesting in it (at least to me).  Sure there aren't
> more detailed logs?  With an actual "Kernel BUG" or 'OOPS' line?  What
> does dmesg look like?  Maybe try posting to lkml?

That's what I'm thinking, but that machien just hung hard and isn't
coming back up and I don't feel like driving to the hosting center for
a broken machine.  We've got a replacement card on the way already,
and the problem is NOT happening with the other card (so far, a week
of testing).