Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Problems Restarting PostgreSQL Daemon

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008, Andrej Ricnik-Bay wrote:

Since there are no official Slackware postgres packages I'd like to ask
where that script came from :) and how you installed postges in the first
place.  Happy to communicate of the list if you prefer that.

Andrej,

  Unless others consider this topic to be not appropriate for the list, I
don't mind a public conversation. I thought that I attached the script to my
original message; regardless, here's the attribution:

# PostgreSQL startup script for Slackware Linux
# Copyright 2007 Adis Nezirovic <adis _at_ linux.org.ba>
# Licensed under GNU GPL v2

  I upgraded postgres manually, not creating and using a Slackware package.
It worked just fine until yesterday's reboot.

Thanks,

Rich