Search Postgresql Archives

Re: 8.3.3 Complie issue

Harvey, Allan AC wrote:
I think we've seen this before: do you have utf8_and_euc_jis_2004.c
in that directory?  There seem to be some broken versions of tar out
there that can't deal with extracting such a long file name from the
distribution tarball.

Thanks Tom,
The "c" on the end was missing.
Fixed that, how about this

Given that you already know your tarball extraction mangled the output, perhaps you should delete the copy you extracted and start again using a trustworthy tree extracted using GNU tar or similar. It's reasonable to assume that other problems you encounter have the same root cause - your tar program's mangling of the tree.

Try:

tar xvzf postgresql-whatever.tar.gz

--
Craig Ringer