Search Postgresql Archives

Wiki: FreeOpenSourceSoftware.org

Hi PostgreSQL folks,

I'm the author of the Internet site http://www.livinginternet.com/ with input from many of the original creators of the Internet. I was lucky enough to get the FreeOpenSourceSoftware and FreeLibreOpenSourceSoftware domains, and have donated them to the FOSS community.

I have set up a wiki at the domains to provide a home for FOSS, specifically as separate from Commercial Open Source Software (COSS) with some published code but closed elements for advanced functionality that potentially leads right back to proprietary lock-in. The link to "FOSS Philosophy" starts with a quote from Adam Smith (!), and describes the clear FOSS / COSS separation I believe important to help the FOSS brand continue to succeed.

I've seeded the Wiki with basic starting information. Feel free to add. Please spread the word to let others know of the launch!

   http://freeopensourcesoftware.org/

Cheers,
Bill

--