Search Postgresql Archives

Re: view row-level locks

Michael Shulman wrote:
Hi,

This seems like it must be a common question, but Google can't find
the answer for me.  How do I view the currently open row-level locks?
The manual says that the table pg_locks doesn't contain row-level
locks, since they are stored on disk rather than in memory, but it
doesn't say how one can view those locks.

If you just want to see if a lock has been taken (e.g. SELECT FOR UPDATE) then that shows in pg_locks. If you want details on the actual rows involved, then you probably want "pgrowlocks" mentioned in Appendix F. Additional Supplied Modules.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd