Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Getting source code for database objects

Artacus wrote:
On pgadmin, when you click on a table or function, you get the source code (DDL) to create that table or function.

I want to take that and check it into subversion so I have one file for each table, function, view, etc. My question is, how do you get that source code? I've been playing with pgadmin and wireshark trying to figure out what commands or queries it is using to no avail.

Easier would be just uing pg_dump -s >schema.sql to get all schema objects
so you could check them into subversion. If you want only specific
objects, pg_dump -l >listofobjects, then edit this list as you
like and use pg_dump -L listofobjects >someobjects.sql

This should get you going.

Cheers
Tino