Search Postgresql Archives

Re: To store and retrive image data in postgresql

Hi,

Craig Ringer wrote:
Brent Wood wrote:
          I need to store
an image in postgresql database and after that i need to retrive the
image back.Can you please help me how to do this?

- Storing image data in the DB is probably much less efficient in
  storage space and for access; and
- You face possible MVCC bloat with image data when storing in the
  DB, so careful management would be needed

The first really cool MS-SQL feature I've heard about relates to this.
NTFS now has transaction support. I'm pretty sure I remember hearing

*snip*

In that case, would that MVCC bloat not just transferred to the
filesystem? Large objects should currently give you pretty much
the same results without plug for MS-SQL :-)
And in most cases bytea as mentioned elsewhere are not so bad either
(especially for p*m-Images :-)

Cheers
Tino