Search Postgresql Archives

Re: To store and retrive image data in postgresql

On Jul 7, 2008, at 12:22 PM, aravind chandu wrote:
I need to store an image in postgresql database and after that i need to retrive the image back.Can you please help me how to do this?

Assuming you mean an image as in a binary visual image (like a JPEG), the data type you want is BYTEA. How to actually get BYTEA data into and out of PostgreSQL depends on what client library and language you are using.

If your application allows it, it is often far more efficient to store a reference to the image in the database (such as a URI or file path), rather than the image itself.