Search Postgresql Archives

Re: libpq block allocated before my malloc handler inits?

rob wrote:

> Is there something that runs before my malloc init function in libpq?
> If there is, is there a way to make it happen afterwards?  Is there a
> library interface which doesn't have hidden init functions?

I don't see anything in our code that would initialize stealthily.
Maybe it's something we're being linked against -- pthread perhaps?
OpenSSL?  Maybe you'd have more luck if you noted what is libpq doing
when this invalid free is called.  Perhaps call abort() and get a stack
trace from the resulting dump.