Search Postgresql Archives

Windows Crash

Hi

I'm copying PostgreSQL discussion group in case the following problem involves their efforts.

I am running Postgresql 8.3 with Postgis latest version and PGAdmin 1.8.2 on Windows XP.

I imported a shapefile using conversion and upload and it installed with no problem.

When I viewed the table through PGAdmin and scrolled, Windows crashed with a message that the graphics driver had an error.

I downloaded and installed the latest graphics driver and tried to view the table again.

This time I used the Select * option and the table opened normally, but when I attempted to scroll, Windows again crashed.

This time I got the blue screen with the error message "Page_Fault_In_NonPaged_Area.

I restarted and again used Select * all and was able to read the table. Very slow scrolling allowed me to read a few rows, some of which had distorted views of the information in the geometriy column.

Would anyone have any thoughts - other than to buy new hardware??

Bob