Search Postgresql Archives

temporarily deactivate an index

Hi,

I'm experimenting with different indexes to speed up my queries and I was wondering if it is possible to temporarily deactivate an index, so it won't be considered in the evaluation of query plans. The reason is that dropping and then rebuilding an index takes up time which I would rather not wait.

I couldn't find a command to do that, but I'm guessing that it should be possible by manipulating a structure in the catalog?

Thanks,
Viktor