Search Postgresql Archives

Re: best er modeling tool for postgreSQL

Enrico SABBADIN, 20.05.2008 15:13:
Hi, I’m evaluating different er modeling tools .. I have to support the same logical db on postgresql and sqlserver ..

All tools I tried so far ignore the schema information .. all tables end up living in the default schema.
Have a look at Power*Architect it's OpenSource and free. I have played around with it a bit and it looks quite nice. You can define a schema when creating the DDL

http://www.sqlpower.ca/page/architect

Printing is a pain though (doesn't remember page settings, but the print out is OK)
Regards
Thomas