Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Download HTML documentation?

Klint Gore, 20.05.2008 09:39:
Thomas Kellerer wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to download the HTML version of the manual (8.3.1). It does not seem to be part of the Windows installer any more. Instead the a chm version is included. At http://www.postgresql.org/docs/manuals/ it says the HTML can be downloaded in the FTP area, but I cannot find any download that "sounds" like it contained the pre-built HTML manual. At least no directory or file with "doc" or "manual" in its name.
What am I missing?
Did you look in the dev directory of the ftp?

http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp?file=%2Fdev%2Fdoc%2Fpostgres.tar.gz

klint.

Yes and no. I did see the dev directory, but assumed that the the manual for the stable release would not be stored in a directory called "dev". The manual in there says "8.4" so I guess it is really "bleeding edge" and might contain information not applicable to 8.3.

Thomas