Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Setting up phppgadmin under https/ssl (Apache)

On Sun, 2008-05-18 at 23:33 -0700, samslists@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Wow...so does no one use phppgadmin on servers that they are connected
> to via the internet?  Or if you do, how do you go about securing it so
> that no one snoops your password?
>
> Thanks
>

> On May 16, 12:34 am, "samsli...@xxxxxxxxx" <samsli...@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > Hi...
> >
> > This is as much an apache question as anything else, but I think it's
> > appropriate here.
> >
> > I've been using phppgadmin on my local machine.  Now I've installed it
> > on a remote server running Ubuntu lts 8.04.
> >
> > I figured I'd try and put it under ssl/https under Apache (mod_ssl).
> > I've created a test certificate, but I'm having trouble figuring out
> > exactly how to get phppgadmin working under SSL.  Can someone step me
> > through the process?
----
I wouldn't recommend making phppgadmin available from the Internet in
any form but...

<Directory "/var/www/html/phpldapadmin">
  SSLRequireSSL
</Directory>

would require SSL to access...adjust paths to suit.

I also would require user authentication to access the path (I use
mod_authz_ldap) so that the user accessing it is logged and of course,
then the security aspects of postgres would then apply too.

Craig