Search Postgresql Archives

Function to return both integer and SETOF refcursor

I got the following error when try to create a function to return an integer and SETOF refcursor. I want to get refcursors back along with an Out parameter in one function. There seems to be a conflict on return type. How do I fix it? Thanks.

ERROR:  function result type must be integer because of OUT parameters

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION testrefcursor(IN uid integer, OUT tcount integer)
 RETURNS SETOF  refcursor AS
$BODY$
DECLARE
 o_user refcursor;
 o_name refcursor;
BEGIN
   tcount := 100; -- add some logic to calculate tcount
   OPEN o_user FOR SELECT * FROM usr_table where usr_id = uid;
   RETURN NEXT o_user;
   OPEN o_name FOR SELECT * FROM temp_table;
   RETURN NEXT o_name;
END;
$BODY$
 LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE