Search Postgresql Archives

Re: recommended way of separating data from indexes

Anton Melser wrote:

It's a website, with probably around 98% read to 2% write, and the
writes only to a few tables.

The machine is only doing this one DB, with the odd email being sent
by postfix (20 p/d, so nothing) and for the moment we aren't doing any
real logging apart from postgres internal (so not even activity logs
or query logs, etc).

So given that disk usage is pretty much 100% pgsql, and it's mainly
read, does my architecture stand up? And thanks, I'll have a read of
the tablespaces chapter - I looked pretty much everywhere but there!

With a small number of writes, it probably doesn't matter too much.

If you symlink the PGDATA directory, or have it in a mount you can move then you can always change your mind later.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd