Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Need for help!

Tom Lane wrote:
Justin <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

From every thing i have read about Hyper Threading, it should be just
turned off.

Depends entirely on what you're doing.  I usually leave it turned on
because compiling Postgres from source is measurably faster with it
than without it on my dual-Xeon box.  I'd recommend experimenting
with your own workload before making any decisions.

			regards, tom lane

Sense PostgreSql  is not a multi-threaded but a single thread application which spawns  little exe's  how is hyper threading helping Postgresql at all ??

To perfectly honest my programming skills with milti-threading apps is non-existent along with Linux world but in the Windows world single threaded apps saw no measurable performance boost but the opposite it kill the apps performance and allot of multi-threaded apps also got there performance smashed?  And if you really kill performance turn on HT running W2K?