Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Request for Materialized Views

On May 5, 2008, at 2:43 AM, js@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
We are using Postgres in our company successfully since 2001 but now
we arrived at the conclusion that we really need "Materialized Views"
for our further business. Also we decided that we should try to pay
someone from the community for the feature to be implemented for
Postgres instead of doing it ourselves.
While we know that this is common practice in open source projects I
would like to ask how such a kind of "announcement" should be made for
Postgres.

You should post to -hackers. If you're willing to fund development by yourself then it shouldn't be hard to get this done. I know for a fact that Command Prompt will develop features for hire, so they'd probably be willing to undertake this. But fully sponsoring this might not be cheap...

If you're not willing to fund this entirely on your own then things get a lot more complicated.
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  decibel@xxxxxxxxxxx