Search Postgresql Archives

how to return parts of records from a function

Hello.
I think I need som help on this function I write in plpgsql
I want to return
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION gList(tid_ TIMESTAMP) RETURNS AS $$
DECLARE
	rec RECORD;
BEGIN
	FOR rec IN SELECT DISTINCT custid,action,nr FROM ...
		IF rec.action = ...
		END IF;
		RETURN NEXT  ???????????????
	END LOOP;
	RETURN;
END;
$$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;

I want to replace the ????????? with  something that will contain both
rec.nr  and rec.action. What should that looklike?  rec.nr ,
rec.action  ?
And what should I write after RETURNS ....  in the first line? RECORD?

Oh, now that I write this I understand that I could replace the RETURN
if that will be good, but I still would like to know how to return the
separate fields from the rec  record.