Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Hung SQL Update Linux Redhat 4U5 Postgres 8.3.1

Craig Vosburgh <craig.vosburgh@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Second, any words of wisdom to help run to ground who's keeping me from
> getting the lock on the offending row?  The row in the lock table that shows
> granted false does not show as belonging to a database or relation (both
> null) so I can't join through to get the table info from pg_table.

What's the locktype?  If (as I suspect) it's a transaction or
virtualtransaction lock, then which process holds that lock and what's
it doing?  For that matter, what is the stuck process doing?
pg_stat_activity output should be sufficient here.

			regards, tom lane