Search Postgresql Archives

Making sure \timing is on

Is there a way to make certain \timing is on?

I am looking for something simmilar to what one can do with the pager
\pset pager always

Most scripts I am working with (inheritted) don't have \timing in them so I can put timing on/off as needed. However some scripts already have it. So if I set \timing before the script and the script calls it again then it gets turned off.

As I go over all the scripts it will be less of an issue, but I still would like a way to make sure timing is on, before I run some scripts without having to first check the script to see if I had put \timing in the script or not.