Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Closed ResultSet error

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008, Bayless Kirtley wrote:

I am migrating from another database to PostgreSQL and have run into a serious problem. The Java program runs fine on the other DB but under PostgreSQL it gives the error, "ResultSet is closed."

I have removed all occurrences of closing any result sets and there are no instances of closing underlying statements within those methods. Finally, I have stepped through the entire operation with a debugger and found no unexpected events. Each time a new result set was created, the debugger indicated it to be a new entity. When finally returning to the original, it appeared to be the correct instance.

When the same statement is used to execute a second query, the first ResultSet is closed automatically. I'm guessing that this is what's happening to you and you need to be sure to create a new Statement for each concurrently open ResultSet you have.

Kris Jurka