Search Postgresql Archives

question/problem concerning GRANT/REVOKE

hi!

I have a pretty basic problem: We have several schemas in one of our databases, and we need the users to see only the tables (and table structure) of tables inside their own schema. So I created schemas for those users, and set their "search_path".

But with \d public.<tab key> users can see all tables (and their structure) in the public (and other) schemas -- and I found no way yet to prevent this?? I have tried "REVOKE ALL" from the database itself, and the other schemas, and single tables -- for the specific user, and also for the user "PUBLIC" -- but it had no effect! How can I prevent exposing the structure of all tables in the database to user that should work in their SCHEMA?

Help would be appreciated very much!! :-)

cheers,
gerhard