Search Postgresql Archives

Re: JDBC addBatch more efficient?

Does this means that the two features are independent one from each other ? In other words, can we say that JDBC batch will limit information exchange between client and server while Postgres prepared statements will optimize their execution ?
I've not used it yet, but my impression is that you can use PreparedStatements (in a loop typically), often surrounded by jdbc transaction commit so each statement doesn't run in its own transactions, do an addBatch and then submit that so all of the statements are executed by the server as a group. So in this case, yes, they should be independent of each other.

David