Search Postgresql Archives

createdb: database creation failed: ERROR: encoding LATIN1 does not match server's locale en_GB.UTF-8

When trying to specify an encoding to initdb I get:

createdb: database creation failed: ERROR:  encoding LATIN1 does not match server's locale en_GB.UTF-8

8.2 Used to let us create any encoding in initdb. I see that it was in the todo to make this change, but how do I create my database in LATIN encoding now?

Do I just change these lines in postgresql.conf:

lc_messages = 'en_GB.UTF-8'                     # locale for system error message
                                                                # strings
lc_monetary = 'en_GB.UTF-8'                     # locale for monetary formatting
lc_numeric = 'en_GB.UTF-8'                      # locale for number formatting
lc_time = 'en_GB.UTF-8'                         # locale for time formatting

Or do I have to do something else? The comments in the .conf file indicate that it's something else I need to change....

http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/