Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Determining weather a query fired a trigger

Gordon wrote:

So what I want to know is, is there a way to tell if executing a query
caused a trigger to fire?   I don't need anything fancy like notify
and listen, I just want to see what the database is doing for testing
purposes.  For example by looking at the logs and seeing what activity
was caused by a given query.  Does this stuff get logged?

If you can modify the trigger and it's written in PL/PgSQL you can use a `RAISE NOTICE' statement to log some information when the trigger fires. Those are several big "if"s though.

--
Craig Ringer