Search Postgresql Archives

Re: mac ports question

If it doesn't remove the 8.2 then I guess I can migrate it.
But that requires that I still need to get 8.2 running.

Right now it complains that it can't find a listening socket at /tmp/... (localhost mode). And I can't find the configuration files in this set-up.

I do have this running:
/opt/local/bin/daemondo --label=postgresql82-server --start-cmd /opt/local/etc/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.postgresql82-server/postgresql82-server.wrapper start ; --stop-c

But that doesn't actually mean anything to me other that I guess it's trying to start. And it's stuck somewhere.

And no logs.
And no config file to make the logs hyper verbose.

This stinks. I can find all this stuff on my Debian boxes, but on this mac -- have no clue where things live.