Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Getting weird pg_tblspc error, has anyone seen this before?

Magnus Hagander wrote:
Tony Caduto wrote:
I will follow up with the client and have him check if that directory is missing. I think he may have used the Postbooks win32 installer to install his server, so it might be that their installer is messed up and not creating the directory properly or messing something up with the environment vars where it can't find the directory.

The pg_tblspc directory is created by initdb, not the installer. And IIRC doesn't touch any environment variables. It does set the data path on the commandline, but if that one is incorrect you shouldn't even get that far.

//Magnus

Hi,
I just used the postbooks installer and it did not create the pg_tblspc directory, so the issue appears to be caused by a messed up Postbooks win32 installer. Check out this screenshot: http://www.milwaukeesoft.com/postbooks_datadir.png

They must be deleting it after the initdb, maybe they figured since it was empty they did not need it?

Later,

Tony