Search Postgresql Archives

Re: GSoC Proposal: PL/Mono

Olexandr Melnyk wrote:
Hello,

I'm interested in applying for this year's GSoC program, to work on PL/Mono:
pluggable procedural language for PostgreSQL. The main purpose of the
project is to allow programmers to write stored procedures for PostgreSQL
database in one of the languages that are supported by Mono platform
(similar to how they can do it with PL/Perl and PL/Python).

From the google site -
We will begin accepting student applications on Monday, March 24th; the deadline for student applications is Monday, March 31, 2008. Please see the program timeline for specific deadline times.

You have less than two days to get your application in.

As I remember from the past, such attempt already existed and was hosted at
pgFoundry, but I can't find any files related to it. Does anyone know about
its status?

From what I can find it is a dead project and probably was lost in the transfers from the gborg to pgfoundry switch.

If you want the old project as a starting point you will need to find someone that has a copy of it. (or who has backups of gborg cvs)

Try a search of the mailing list archives for pl/mono and you will find a few threads on it. A couple of them might help you find someone with a copy of it.

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL (at) Sheeky (dot) Biz

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz