Search Postgresql Archives

Re: How to "use" database?

Anton Andreev wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for you detailed answer, but I am exactly in the case when I want to paste the script and hit F5 and have both the database and tables created.

A problem also comes from the fact that in order to use the query window in pgadmin3, you need to select a database. Then when you create a new database you can not access it by name cause you receive an error "cross database referencing is not allowed".

You may be able to get your script to work with pgAdmin's restore option (which seems to use pg_dump)

Try opening your script using the restore command in pgAdmin (Tools menu).

If it doesn't work, backup from pgadmin as a plain file and compare what it puts out to what you have done.

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL (at) Sheeky (dot) Biz

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz