Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Install Postgresql on Win2000 with Admin Rights

Hello,

If you can do that, you obviously have admin rights, so why not just use the MSI installer?

When I try to run the Intaller, I get this Message: "The Systemadminitrator guidelines issued in order to prevent this installation".

That said, this often happens if you have an incorrect version of the MSVC runtime on your system. See the README file in the download directory.

I can't istall the runtime, because I can't run the MSI installer. The same problem :-(

So, I thnk, there is no chance to install prostgres here :-(

Greetings,
Stefan Sturm

//Magnus

Stefan Sturm wrote:
Hello,
i copied the dll files to the system32 directory. But now I get another error:
The Programm could not be initialized( 0xcc0000022 )
Any Hints?
Stefan Sturm

Stefan Sturm wrote:
Hello,
is there a Way to install PostgreSQL ( 8.3.1 ) on a Win2000 Maschine without Admin Rights?

Yes, but you cannot use the MSI installer, and you cannot install it as a service (for auto-start). You can download the binaries-no- installer and run the initdb and pg_ctl steps yourself (follow the Unix instructions for those parts)

//Magnus