Search Postgresql Archives

Re: [postgis-users] how many min. floating-points?

John Smith wrote:
guys,
how many min. floating-points must a server hardware support for
postgresql+postgis? does postgresql+postgis do much floating-point
math to make a difference? can someone give postgresql+postgis
application examples that will require high floating-points?
thks, jzs

I do not think there are any limits along these lines in most modern servers. They all have support for floating point math. If it is not supported in hardware it is supported in software by the ANSI-C compiler and libraries.

So the real issue becomes what are you trying to do and what are your performance requirements? This would be more interesting to us and we can probably provide better support if you explain what you are trying to do.

-Steve W