Search Postgresql Archives

Re: postgre vs MySQL

rrahul wrote:
Hi,

I am a database professional but have never used Postgre.

PostgreSQL, or Postgres rather than Postgre.

> My client was
exploring the posiblity of using Postgre instead of Mysql and wnated to know
the comments from the community. I waned you people you post your views on the following comparision points
1] Performance
2] Scalablity
3] community support
4] Speed 5] ease of use
6] robustness

People here are bound to prefer PostgreSQL to MySQL, otherwise you'd find us on a MySQL list. What sort of database were you looking at? On what operating system? With what hardware?

Any major clients of the two.
You can add you own points too.

You might want to look at the website http://www.postgresql.org/ particularly the "featured users", "more quotes" links on the front page. If you click the "About" link on the front page almost all the links down the left-hand side would be relevant.

Did none of this information meet your needs, or were you having trouble finding it?

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd