Search Postgresql Archives

Normalizing denormalization with materialized views

When forced to denormalize for performance reasons, how do you ensure data integrity? I like to, instead of denormalizing, use materialized views, which offer lots of the same benefits without the costs.  Yet, in Postgres they're only experimental add-ons, not to be relied on for production use.

Is there a timetable for supporting materialized views in Postgres proper?
Are other people interested in them (it's #1 on my miss-from-Oracle list)?
What other solutions do people use? (Triggers could work well, if they're done right)

SRJ