Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Service account not showing

gargoyle47 wrote:
I installed PostgreSQL on my Windows XP Home PC (at home) but when I
look under the Control Panel, User accounts, the special postgres user
name is not listed.
However, using "net user postgres" shows the following:-

User name                    postgres
Full Name                    postgres
Comment                      PostgreSQL service account

How can I make Windows show this user so that I can access it?

I don't think you can on XP Home - I think the graphical tools hide certain usernames from you to be "helpful".

You can use "runas" to run a program (e.g. a command-prompt) as another user though. See Google for details.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd