Search Postgresql Archives

Re: large object import

> postgre@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I am having a stored function in plperlU which is called from
> php script then. It select data from a table, export them to
> a file and zips the file. The problem is that it should store
> this file into temporary table. Then it should return some
> identificator to php, so that the user can download it via
> php. Problem is that postgreSQL doesn't supports server-side
> large object operations for non superuser roles.

PostgreSQL supports server-side large object operations for non-superusers.

Functions that access the file system are restricted to superusers.

> Can someone please give me a suggestion how can I solve this
> problem. I mean if I can import the file some other way or if
> there are some other usual procedures how to do this?

You can create a function with SECURITY DEFINER that is owned
by a superuser. That way you can make certain restricted functionality
available to regular users. You should be careful and as restrictive
as possible when writing such functions.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe