Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Watch your PlanetPostgreSQL.org blogs

Tom Lane wrote:
Guy Rouillier <guyr-ml1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

And with the new exception of the community documentation recently started at http://www.postgresqldocs.org.

Which in fact has got only the weakest claim to be a "community"
project.  If it actually were such, in the sense of having been started
with community-wide discussion and approval, it would have been set up
under postgresql.org.

Well, color me confused. I don't pretend to understand what all this is about, and as just a user of PG, I don't necessarily have the need to know. I'm just trying to give back to the community in whatever small way I can, and I thought community documentation would offer me the opportunity to do that.

The only thing I think I have a right to ask is that whatever contributions I may make not be a waste of effort because the PG decision-makers have decided that a certain repository is now "official", and the previous one is defunct. So I'd ask those decision-makers to come up with a single consistent story for us run-of-the-mill community members.

--
Guy Rouillier