Search Postgresql Archives

8.2.6 > 8.3 blows up

Ugh.

I am attempting to move from 8.2.6 to 8.3, and have run into a major problem.

The build goes fine, the install goes fine, the pg_dumpall goes fine.

However, the reload does not. I do the initdb and then during the reload I get thousands of errors, apparently from table data which is perfectly ok in the tables, but pukes up a hairball when attempted to be reloaded.

Its not clear how I can have both versions running at once side-by-side; this is a production system and I can get a "tee" of the blowup and post it, but to do that I need to be able to start both versions at once..... both ARE loaded on the system; is there a way to do that?

Thanks in advance....

--
Karl Denninger (karl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
http://www.denninger.net