Search Postgresql Archives

Re: WAL Log Size

On Thursday 28 February 2008, John Evans <admin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>    I've heard that upgrading to 8.2 or 8.3 will allow me to setup a
> timeout value for WAL log creation, but upgrading at this time is not an
> option for various reasons.
>
>    Any insight that you can provide will be greatly appreciated!

Write a script that does "something" that results in 16MB of WAL logging and
run it whenever you want a rotation to occur. Inserting a few hundred
thousand rows into an otherwise empty table should work. If it's not
indexed it won't impact your server much, especially if your normal
transaction volume is that low.

--
Alan