Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PostgreSQL-installation-problem on Windows XP Home edition

Jan Christensen wrote:
Dear Sirs.
I have a problem with installing PostgreSQL 8.3 on my computer
  with Windows XP Home edition and AVG FREE antivirus 7.5.
The installation-program asks for a installing-language and to save the installation-process in a logfile. When I choose English and press
  the button "Start", the installation-program writes the message
  "Prepare to install" in a short period, and after that nothing is happening.
What is wrong ??? I enclose the logfile.

The error seems to be this:

DEBUG: Error 2769: Custom Action GetAvailableLocales did not close 1 MSIHANDLEs. The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2769. The argumens are: GetAvailableLocales, 1,
Action ended 14:20:50: GetAvailableLocales. Return value 1.

I'm guessing that you're missing some of the locale (language) files for your machine. Have you got anything unusual selected in your language settings?

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster