Search Postgresql Archives

Deferred constraints and locks...

Hello - Trying to track down a lock contention problem, I have a process that does a series of select / insert operations. At some point the process grabs a series of RowExclusiveLock(s) and has the obvious effect of stalling other processes. I logged all the statements and don't see any for update or explicit lock statements. So I am guesses this is more of an internal design issue. All the FKEY constraints are deferrable and initially deferred, could this be causing pg to be pulling locks on rows that are part of the fkey? Something else I should be looking for?

Thanks!
-Nate