Search Postgresql Archives

Re: SPI_ERROR_CONNECT

The problem was with the following:

FOR current_row IN SELECT * from temp_tags_18_counted The select from the [temp_tags_18_counted] view is made up of 3 cross joins. When I simplify and remove the joins everything works. I tried this with some test data with only a few rows and the joins in place and it works too. In the production data table there are about 250K rows. Is it possible that calls to queries are colliding here or not giving each other enough time before being whisked around to next call in the FOR loop?

cheers,

willem

Tom Lane wrote:
Willem Buitendyk <willem@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
ERROR:  SPI_connect failed: SPI_ERROR_CONNECT
CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function "pop_tag_day_over" line 17 at FOR over SELECT rows

Hm, what PG version is this?  And could we have a complete test case
not just the function?  (I don't feel like trying to reverse-engineer
your tables and views...)

			regards, tom lane

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

              http://archives.postgresql.org/